ITAC Solutions is searching for a Linux System Administrator for a growing client in the Birmingham area!
The ideal candidate would need to come with an application infrastructure background with a heavy focus on Linux/Unix platforms, cloud applications, middleware and shared storage support.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, energetic and have experience troubleshooting, monitoring and maintaining server hardware, software and IT infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responsible for the management, support and maintenance of Linux server hardware, software, application infrastructure.
- Participate in the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
- Suggesting improvements and documents work while gathering information to determine the scope of problems and functionality when necessary
- Working within Linux, UNIX, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Administration
- Creates user accounts, sets access permissions, and removes access as necessary
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, OR substantial experience working in similar System Linux Administrator role
- 3+ years’ experience working within Windows/Linux environment, monitoring and maintaining applications with
- 3+ years’ experience of Linux & Unix administration and automation
- 2+ years’ experience using Jenkins and Ansible experience highly preferred
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- 2+ years’ experience using Apache, Apache Tomcat, and general concepts in Webservices
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts in multi-tier application architecture, middleware, and Bash Shell Scripting
- 1+ years’ experience of Version Control Concepts, Software Build/Deployment
- Concepts, MySQL/MariaDB, Linux application clustering and High Availability
- 2+ years’ experience administrating Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Strong Active Directory knowledge, including joining Linux systems to AD Domain
- 2+ years’ experience with patch management
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and organizational skills and the ability to work with a team and the ability to prioritize issues in high-volume environment are a must!
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.