ITAC is assisting a client in their search for a Help Desk Manager. We are looking for an energetic and driven manager who shares a passion for leading teams of people that love to support customers and deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The Help Desk Manager should have a solid technical background and experience managing a team. The Help Desk Manager will collaborate and communicate with other technical directors, managers, and senior management to ensure that projects and goals are aligned with the overall business needs and requirements.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide leadership, feedback, and direction to direct staff regarding technologies and project direction.
- Responsible for implementing the Enterprise Service Desk/Help Desk function.
- Manage staff to execute the department’s goals as they relate to Help Desk and end user services, implementation and operation.
- Assist with creating an annual IT budget for all capital, lease, training, and maintenance expenses as they relate to the Help Desk.
- Recommend corporate direction on Help Desk, service desk, and asset management technologies.
- Evaluate new technologies to improve operational efficiency. Work with the senior leadership to make technology recommendations.
- Oversee efforts for contingency planning and emergency preparedness in areas managed by the Help Desk group.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience managing a Help Desk operation.
- Experience providing hands-on Help Desk support and remote support through remote access software.
- Working familiarity with IT Service Management.
- Experience managing projects using a structured methodology.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team management skills.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.