ITAC Solutions is searching for a Project Engineer for a direct hire position in Huntsville, AL. Our client is searching for someone to lead and operate in the systems engineering process within the electrical and software engineering groups. You will be responsible for understanding project management schedules and can guide teams to on-time, on-plan performance through clear and consistent communication and identifying and removing roadblocks. This is an opportunity to work on both small- and large-scale embedded projects.
What you'll be doing (duties of the position):
- Collaborate with the Director of Embedded Engineering to scope out work and assist in managing and tracking tasks across teams to keep project deliverables running smoothly.
- Coordinate the team of engineers executing against electrical and software systems engineering plans. Optimize task delegation and work-processes for the Embedded Engineering department’s short and long-term goals.
- Implement best practices and ensure proper procedural rigor is followed during system design and facilitate design reviews.
- Author and maintain systems engineering and project management documents and artifacts, including requirements, V&V procedures and results, trades and risk, product specifications, project plan, budgets, and schedules.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 5+ years of Embedded Electrical Engineering experience AND at least 2 years of project engineering or project management experience in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field.
- High level of practical electrical (preferred) or embedded software engineering experience.
- Team leadership experience and high comfort level in leading effective team meetings, holding team members accountable for performance, and building healthy team culture.
- Experience with Atlassian and MS Project is highly desirable.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.