ITAC Solutions is currently partnered with a well-known Birmingham company to assist in their search for an experienced COBOL Programmer to join their team. This is a contract opportunity with a strong likelihood to become a permanent position:
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- The COBOL Programmer will be responsible for supporting financial applications, including but not limited to payroll, reporting, refunds, and balancing.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Mainframe development
- COBOL and JCL skills
- Experience with VSAM, sequential files, and other batch processing
- DB2 and SQL skills
- CICS experience
What will set you apart from the rest:
- General knowledge/understanding of health insurance principles
- General knowledge/understanding of accounting principals
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.