Birmingham, AL - Onsite
Excellent opportunity with a great place to work in Birmingham, Alabama! THIS IS AN ONSITE POSITION!
Position: Accounting Supervisor
Compensation: $85K+ base (DOE)
Here’s what you’ll need to know!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Review and/or prepare bank reconciliations and cash flow summaries.
- Submit cash flow summaries and journal for production of a construction run, general ledger, trial balance, income statement, and capital budget report.
- Verify and/or prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement.
- Ensure that books are closed monthly on a timely basis in order that financial reports are available to the senior management.
- Reconcile selected subsidiary ledger accounts to the General Ledger monthly.
- Works with accounts payable in the authorization and approval of vendor payment by conducting a check and review of the biweekly check proposal and related invoices.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 8+ years of accounting experience
- Strong leadership, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Investments, and Long-term debt experience
- Experience with Unclaimed Property- huge plus
- Prior supervisory experience
- ERP system experience
- CPA certificate