Accounts Payable Specialist
ITAC Solutions is assisting a great client in their search for a talented Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team in Birmingham, AL. This role will be an integral part of the accounting and accounts payable department and will primarily focus on cost of goods sold payables (COGS) and vendor relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the receipt of invoices and response to vendor inquires within a dedicated COGS email inbox with superior organization.
- Detail review and approval of invoices within accounts payable system, Stampli.
- Reconcile vendor statements to large transaction level data using Microsoft excel and resolve variances.
- Cultivate relationships with key COGS vendors.
- Manage and initiate payments for COGS vendors in accordance with vendor terms and take advantage of payment discount opportunities.
- Review quarterly inventory counts at the hospital level
What you’ll need to be considered:
- Understanding of cost of goods sold
- Excellent computer skills; well versed in Microsoft Applications and Google such as Excel, Outlook, and Google Sheets and Form
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to produce high quality work with strict deadlines
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Proactive, dependable with strong interpersonal abilities
- Comfortable and experienced working in a high-volume environment
- Superior communication skills with emphasis on customer service and vendor management