Application System Administrator
Brooklyn, New York
Job ID: 29226
Employment Type: Contract-to-Hire
We are currently seeking an Application System Administrator.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provides support and guidance to the customer
- Independently performs responsible analytical work in support of the system
- Coordinate with other support personnel when resolving user issues.
- Suitable applicant will be given the necessary training in the onsite software.
- Write SQL queries on occasion and review logs
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Prior experience supporting a Windows client/server environment is required.
- Prior exposure to SQL Server. NOTE: this is not a DBA position.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or closely related experience is preferred (not required)
- Comfortable working face to face with customers
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to analyze a customer's current business processes and recommend best practice solutions
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Ability to create detailed documentation, specific to customer workflow when required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze complex problems evaluate alternatives and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines
- Must be able to pass and maintain favorable background check.
- Experience with SQL in the ability to review logs and write occasional queries