Applications Security Engineer
ITAC Solutions is partnering with a client to recruit for a highly skilled remote Application Security Engineer. This is a direct-hire, remote position with preferred candidates living in the eastern or central time zones. The Application Security Engineer is responsible for providing security analysis of our client’s web and mobile applications. Ideal candidates will have proven ability to penetrate the application, acquire data, and then provide detailed reports of the attack and how to remediate vulnerabilities.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
· Perform penetration testing for security threats and vulnerabilities within application.
· Develop scripts for testing and monitoring application security.
· Create reports from findings and present conclusions to management and engineering teams.
· Help to find solutions to prevent future attacks and vulnerabilities.
· Maintain knowledge of industry trends and standards and remain up to date with emerging threat technologies.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a security role
· Proven ability to perform hands-on pen testing and vulnerability assessments.
· Understanding of security testing mobile native, native applications, web applications, and database systems.
· Experience with security assessment tools such as Kali Linux, Metasploit, Burp Suite, Cobalt Strike, Tenable Nessus, Web Inspect, IDA PRO, SQLmap.
· Understanding of security frameworks such as NIST, ISO, etc.
· Understanding of operating systems like Linux, Unix, Windows.