We are assisting our client in their search for an Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller. This individual will be responsible for managing the accounting department while assisting the CFO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in accounting and working closely with management and staff.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide onsite supervision and mentoring for the accounting staff.
- Manage Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and collections
- Assist with Payroll processing
- Serve as day-to-day accounting department contact for CFO.
- Provide support for the annual budget process.
- Assist with forecasting and analysis of various expenses.
- Assist with annual and monthly general ledger budget management of accounts by office.
- Assist with bank account and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare, process and generate routine and special reports for distribution as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as indicated by the work.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with preference given to advanced degrees.
- CPA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with leading the month-end close process, preparing financial statements, and managing an accounting team in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required