Assistant General Manager
United States, - Onsite
Job ID: 33876
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to become a part of the Senior Leadership team at a large company in the North Alabama area. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with great benefits.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Lead, manage, and support teammates to ensure the strategic business goals of the organization are accomplished.
- Ensure polices and SOPs are followed and recommend needed changes in the departments assigned while ensuring all laws and regulations are met and exceeded. Ensure these policies are documented and adhered to.
- Communicate any concerns, possible regulation or policy violations, or incidents directly to upper management.
- Review all agreements and documents for the Division. Ensure that the terms of the agreements are in compliance by all parties and notify upper management of any variance.
- Accountable for all requisitions for purchase of materials, services and other expenditures used in Division.
- Responsible for ensuring proper budgets are prepared for each department for which you are responsible. Review monthly reports to ensure that expenditures for the departments are correct and within budget.
- Prepare and present System and Operations reports to senior leadership.
- Review and ensure staffing levels and training initiatives are met within each department and work with managers to ensure all policies and regulations are met. Work with managers and employees to ensure that responsibilities within their assigned departments are understood.
- Work with managers to evaluate employees and note any issues with performance, recognize outstanding performance, and resolve any issues.
- Establish systems to manage assets and ensure they are accounted for, utilized, and maintained.
- Attend a variety of board, committee, and other related meetings within the area.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; disciplinary actions; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s.
- Uphold the organization’s core values and utilize performance management principles to continuously improve the department and organization’s effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating in improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
- Ensure safe work practices and operations.
- Ensure that sensitive and private information is protected and maintained by keeping employee records confidential in accordance with HIPAA, local, state, and federal laws, and regulations.
- Ensure that protected health information of employees, plan participants, and/or other assigned individuals is maintained and transmitted legally and securely.
- Ensure that work is performed safely and in accordance with established safety policies and procedures. Comply with all safety and health standards and guidelines issued by management.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Management, Chemistry, or other closely related field. A Master’s degree preferred
- Twelve years of progressive experience in utility operations with at least eight years of supervisory experience and a minimum of six (6) years in a management-level position required.
- Strong understanding and knowledge in water treatment operations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding in the distribution process of both drinking water and raw water within an environment of multiple intakes and varying elevations in geography.
- Utilization and strong understanding of supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Strong experience working with an Environmental Management entity to ensure that the organization is in compliance with regulations and ensuring safety.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent communication skills both oral and written, strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with managing, motivating, and leading a team of people to meet business goals and supporting a culture that develops a strong relationship between employees and the organization.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Professional Engineering Certification is preferred.