AWS Solutions Architect
ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham client in their search for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help run their new cloud environment.
This person will help build out the next generation Cloud Infrastructure for their platform, and manage/lead a team. Our client is searching for someone who can be self-sufficient and who has a full understanding of Cloud Architecture and Infrastructures using cutting edge cloud technologies. This role will be on-site in Birmingham, AL with no remote option. Please do not apply if you are not local to the area or able to relocate. C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Oversee cloud infrastructure design and develop detail architecture models
- Analyzes, designs, constructs, and maintains technical architecture solutions
- Analyzes current and future cloud architecture for improvements with speed, performance, correcting technical problems, and identifying areas of improvement.
- Able to provide good development estimates to research and evaluate new cloud technologies
- Assist with software builds, release management, and deployments.
- Determine viability by analyzing and evaluating problems, requirements, solution architecture, and appropriate technical strategy.
- Works independently and with a team on various applications, participating in meetings and conference calls as needed with users and internal leadership.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- More than 15 years software engineering experience, minimum of five years as a solutions architect
- Experience with systems and network/network applications (VMware, windows, Cisco, Azure/AWS)
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field with equivalent experience
- Experience using scripting languages like Python, Bash, AWK, PowerShell, JSON or JQ
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.