Business Intelligence Analyst
Birmingham, AL - Onsite
Job ID: 33884
Employment Type: Direct Hire
ITAC is helping a local client in their search for a Business Intelligence Analyst!
Your main function in this role is to generate analytical reports and dashboards using proprietary products, and training customers on using front-end BI tools to access their data.
Our ideal candidate has experience scripting SQL database queries, utilizing Power BI and is explaining technical and non-technical tools to executives.
C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Creating reports and dashboards in Power BI, DAX Studio, and Excel
- Work closely with other departments to determine reporting and analysis requirements, project priorities, and define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Take raw data and create visualizations using Power BI
- Document processes and contribute to reporting template repository for future use
- Work with the development team on product improvement initiatives
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Have a working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power BI for report building and data analytics. (Knowledge of Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft SSRS, and other BI tools is a plus)
- Ability to prioritize assignments and shift priorities as required
- Experience and understanding of Excel, VBA, SQL and/or R preferred