Great opportunity with one of our clients located in the Birmingham area. We are assisting them in their search for an experienced “hands on” controller.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Oversight of the accounting operations to include transactional accounting, the month-end process, financial statement preparation and review as well as management reporting.
- Preparation and maintenance of the company’s budgeting and forecasting process including communication thereof with all profit and cost centers
- Cash management activities
- Management of Inventory Control procedures, including Physical Count, Cycle Counts and reconciliations
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with leading the month-end close process, preparing financial statements and managing an accounting team in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing accounting experience required
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- ERP system experience required