Vestavia Hills, AL
Great opportunity with one of our clients located in the Birmingham area. We are assisting them in their search for an experienced “hands on” accounting professional with strong analytical skill.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Oversight of the accounting operations to include transactional accounting, the month-end process, financial statement preparation and review as well as management reporting.
- Implement process and procedures.
- Preparation and maintenance of the company’s budgeting and forecasting
- Management of Inventory Control procedures, and reconciliations
- Analyze cost of products, inventory trends, etc.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with leading the month-end close process, preparing financial statements and managing an accounting team in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong inventory experience
- Experience analyzing data and identifying trends.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.