Controls Autonomy Engineer
New Rochelle, NY - Onsite
ITAC is helping a great organization in New Rachelle, NY as they search for a Sr. Autonomous Engineer. This person will be great with autonomous algorithm development and software implementation skills and experience. This person will also help in researching, designing, and developing the best algorithms and software in autonomous drone technology.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship required.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Work independently or as a team member to design, build, test and troubleshoot hardware and software for autonomous, semi-autonomous, and precision flight drones.
- Work with engineers across the organization to develop new products from conception to production and flight.
- Researches, develops, and provides technical oversight to the development of Computer Vision based Perception, Prediction, Machine Learning, Object Detection & Recognition, Path Planning, Trajectory Generation, and Control algorithms for autonomous flight.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Collaborate with a strong team and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 2+ years of experience in 2+ of the Autonomy fields: Perception, Prediction, Path Planning, Trajectory Generation, Control, Parallel Computing, and High-Performance Computing.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a technically related Robotics field.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Ability to implement embedded vision algorithms using OpenCV, C/C++, and OpenCL/CUDA
- Knowledgeable in graph theory, decision theory, and excellent computer science fundamentals and advanced knowledge in data structures and algorithms.
- Demonstrable experience in generating dynamically feasible trajectories and optimum trajectories with UAV.
- Experienced in implementing SLAM, EKF-SLAM, and algorithms for GPS-denied environments.
- Experienced in designing and implementing path planning algorithms such as A*, D*, RRT, RRT*, PRM, etc.
- Familiarity with ROS, Gazebo, RVIZ, PCL, CUDA, TensorFlow, TensorRT, Pytorch, Caffe, g2o, Ceres, GTSAM.
What will set you apart:
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.