Director, Technical Professional Solutions & Implementation
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
ITAC Solutions is searching for a IT Director of Professional Services & Implementation who will sit in the headquarters office in Birmingham, AL. This person will be directly responsible for the portfolio of customers and implementation projects. You’ll lead a team of Service Professionals and Implementation Engineers while bridging the gap between the two teams. You’ll recruit, manage, direct and inspire the teams which are made up of a diverse group of skills while always putting customers first.
This is a highly visible position within the company and an opportunity to make a great impact across the organization. You’ll need a technical background along with a great exposure to solving customer issues. You will also work with Sales Engineers throughout the implementation of multiple products and throughout the sales life cycle.
This role requires the person to be onsite in Birmingham and is not open to C2C candidates.
What you’ll be doing (duties of the position):
- Develop and implement best practices and processes for the two teams to enable efficient implementation of customer projects, ensure efficient utilization of resources and drive customer satisfaction.
- Manage budgets and P&L statements
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Manage implementation projects in terms of quality, deliverables, and scope.
- Hire, grow, and retain a team of Technical Delivery Managers, Solution Specialist and Application Developers
- Ensure the implementation team are meeting standard team metrics.
- Serve as a point of escalation for all customer engagements
- Work closely with engineering and product teams during transition from sales to delivery
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements)
- 5+ years of experience and leadership within a Professional Services environment
- Experience of both hardware and software implementations
- Experience with a subscription-based business model, delivering on-premises and SaaS Solutions.
- Excellent project management skills, including project planning, resource management, issue tracking and budget management
- Experience in developing and have used multiple implementation methodologies
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premises IT landscape
- Excellent leadership and team management skills including the proven ability to recruit, mentor, and motivate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline required. Advanced Degree preferred
- PMP certification a plus
- Ability to travel