ITAC Solutions is seeking an Auto Body Estimator for a great client in the Huntsville area.
The estimator inspects vehicles that have been damaged and creates an estimate of the necessary repairs. An estimate writer follows guidelines that determine the extent of damages as well as what should be charged for repair work.
A typical workday for an estimate writer includes inspecting damaged vehicles, consulting various resources for repair costs, and creating estimation documents for best pricing and quality.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Write estimates
- Responsible for typing and data entry
- Schedule repair appointments
- Complete and process check-in sheets for vehicle drop offs
- Make all follow-up and update calls daily
- Inspect vehicles for final quality check before delivery
- Correct any issues and sign off on completed inspection sheets
- Go over all repair bills with customers and explain charges and warranties
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Service department or service writing skills
- Basic math and data entry skills
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- 1-4 years body shop experience strongly preferred