Field Support Engineer (Birmingham)
ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham client in their search for a Field Support Technician!
In this role, you will be responsible for providing IT support to end-users, installing equipment, maintaining the hardware and software, and responding to phone/email requests for technical errors.
Sound like a fit? Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Providing remote and in-person technical support to end-users
- Monitoring online requests for technical issues
- Responding to phone and email inquiries about IT errors and getting them resolved in timely manner
- Installing and maintaining IT equipment
- Assisting with troubleshooting of network equipment
- Designing and developing project scopes for system configurations and equipment upgrades.
- Creating and removing user accounts as needed
- Documenting IT issues within ticketing system
- Provide support on holidays and afterhours as needed
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field or 5+ years’ experience providing IT support
- Familiarity with hardware, software and network troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience working with PCs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (O365, Exchange, Windows OS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MSP experience preferred
- Ability to lift / move 50+ lbs.