Helpdesk Manager -Lead Helpdesk Engineer – Help Desk Technical Support
ITAC Solutions is assisting a national organization in their search for a Helpdesk Manager and Lead Support Desk Engineer!!
Our client is experiencing rapid growth and they are searching for the right individuals to help continue our superb performance.
Currently located in Beverly, MA, this will be an on-site position. The Help Desk Engineer provides oversight of the Help Desk Department, which provides first, second, and third level support to over 2,500 users across 230+ sites. You will apply a solid technical background combined with customer service experience in leading and implementing department initiatives.
This individual is also responsible for exercising overall management of multiple support tiers, IT purchases and Vendor relations.
Interested in hearing more? Apply today!
- Responsible for ensuring that users are provided with excellent, efficient and timely support during normal business hours as well as after hours on-call rotation.
- Exercises overall supervision of complex help desk functions and may provide all tier help desk support as needed. Provides appropriate resolution for escalated issues.
- Provides oversight of 24/7 on-call support ensuring constant coverage and timely response.
- Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
- Selects appropriate technology and other resources to maximize Help Desk effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyze Help Desk performance and department statistical trends through various statistical and reporting methods. Applies information to propose and implement process and department improvements.
- Manages and approves all IT department purchases, including all cell phone bills.
- Maintains multiple vendor relationships, including contract review.
- Provides executive level IT support and assistance as needed.
- Assist with set up of new clinic infrastructure, network, computers etc.
- Other tasks, duties and projects as assigned.
- Coordinate and lead special IT projects and initiatives in support of Department objectives.
- Define and manage hardware software and licensing technology.
- Identify and establish best practices through entire technical support process.
- Applies high level of experience and appropriate judgement to troubleshoot problems and makes decisions relative to supporting Help Desk responsibilities. Ensures that effective Help Desk representation is in place for coordination of work processes and projects with other departments.
- Identifies opportunities to create efficiencies and add value to the Help Desk team. Assists in documenting IT processes and provides recommendations to improve and streamline where necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- An A.S. or B.S. degree strongly preferred, with 4+ years of Information Technology working within an organized business environment.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, hardware, and software troubleshooting.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in clinic IT operation is strongly preferred but not required.
- Possesses strong leadership and organizational skills. 2-3 years of experience in a supervisory role strongly preferred. Proven ability to train and develop staff, applying applicable knowledge and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to actively contribute as a team player and superior attention to detail required.
- Strong technical knowledge related to Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, software application, hardware and mobile devices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy required.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize while alternating between tasks.
- Adaptability and willingness to consistently learn new skills.