HR Director, Compensation & Benefits
Mobile, AL - Onsite
Are you looking for an HR leadership role with an established manufacturing company in Mobile, Alabama? ITAC has been asked to help our client identify a Human Resources Director to join their team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Carrying out Company policies and procedures aligned with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Working with senior leadership to develop and execute compensation and benefits strategies designed to support the organization’s goals and strategies related to talent acquisition, management and retention
- Overseeing all HR programs including recruitment, benefits administration, compensation, employee relations and recognition, employee health and safety, and training and development
- Growing and developing knowledge of employment trends, practices, legislation and technology along with effectively communicating any changes in policies, practices or resources to senior leaders.
- Identify compensation and benefits related gaps and trends, making recommendations for process improvement and efficiency.
- Administer and managed all aspects of the company incentive program.
- Oversee the process of annual salary increase planning and communication, developing recommendations and cost estimates for review by senior leadership.
- Develop and facilitate professional development curriculum and training for others in Human Resources.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 8+ years of exempt-level human resource management experience, specializing in benefits and compensation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to comfortably navigate conversations with all employees
- Critical-thinking skills along with the ability to research solutions and make recommendations independently to senior leaders
- Superior time management skills including the willingness to delegate responsibilities to direct reports when prioritizing how time should be spent
- Intermediate-level, regular use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) experience
- Administration of employee benefits programs healthcare, dental, vision, FSA, retirement plans, disability and life plans.
- Background in compensation- analyzing compensation for new roles, benchmarking, pay increases, etc.
- Practical and working knowledge of federal and state employment regulations including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, and ERISA.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
What might set you apart (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- HRIS Experience- Ceridian Dayforce a plus
- Human Resources certifications (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
- Experience with a large company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Manufacturing industry a plus
- Prior vendor management experience
- Prior supervisory experience
What they offer (benefits):
- A hybrid work schedule (majority of week is expected to be spent in-office)
- Comprehensive benefits package