Human Resource Assistant
ITAC Solutions is seeking an experienced Human Resource Assistant in the Madison, MS area. This person will aid and provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and Payroll Manager. You’ll be involved with areas of employment/staffing, payroll, recruiting, training, and benefits.
The right person will be able to multi-task and work independently, have experienced in Microsoft Office, and possess great verbal and written communication. The client is further seeking someone to learn and interpret company policy and possess strong time management and organizational skills.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Use Company systems to process new hires
- Process timesheets weekly
- Process Flexible Spending Account claims and billing
- Maintain OSHA hours tracking
- Maintain employee deductions and benefit sites
- Process staffing company billing
- Process and track benefit billing
- Conduct new employee orientations including new hire paperwork
- Maintain applicant database
- Assist with benefit open enrollment and enrollment packets
- Process employee terminations
- Recruit and schedule interviews for open positions using staffing companies
- Interview applicants as needed
- Maintain records, reports, and files.
- Coordinate pre-employment drug screens for direct hires
- Coordinate and track technician and warehouse personnel for ongoing DOT physical compliance
- Serve as a point of contact for employee questions regarding policies and benefits
- Maintain a customer focused outlook toward employees and applicants
- Cross-train on the phone system as a back-up.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and one year of experience in Human Resources (preferred)
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. (HRIS system experience is a plus)
- Effective communication skills that enable the manager to interface with employees and applicants in a knowledgeable, professional and efficient manner are required.
- Interpersonal skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills and independent decision-making ability are necessary.