Birmingham, AL - Onsite
ITAC Solutions is searching for an Infrastructure Engineer that will be ON-SITE at the Birmingham location! The ideal candidate will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, networks, servers, and systems.
**C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, networks, servers, and virtualization systems
- Install, maintain, and upgrade networks both at various locations
- Install, maintain, and upgrade server systems and software
- Participate in the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Suggesting improvements and documents work while gathering information to determine the scope of problems and functionality when necessary.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Windows OS, VMware, Active Directory
- Knowledge of LAN, wireless networks, and OS systems
- Knowledge of security systems on the network
- Some scripting (shell scripts)
- Understanding of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP)
- Knowledge of advanced hardware and software systems
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)