Birmingham, AL - Onsite
ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham client as they search for an Infrastructure Supervisor to join their company. As an Infrastructure Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire IT infrastructure environment, including server systems, data storage platforms, cybersecurity systems, and network components. Your role is pivotal in maintaining the integrity and availability of our IT infrastructure, as well as ensuring compliance with security policies. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and serve as a liaison for IT requirements within various business units.
**C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship**
Salary: 90-110K based on experience!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Assist in developing and managing the department's annual budget for project needs, monitor expenditures, and report irregularities to management.
- Purchase necessary IT equipment and manage backup, security, and user support systems.
- Direct daily operations, analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards, and set deadlines. Collaborate with department heads, managers, and vendors to resolve issues and solicit cooperation.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures to protect computer networks and information. Ensure network availability and perform maintenance as needed.
- Design and develop solutions for complex IT applications, system administration, and network issues. Evaluate emerging technologies and provide advice on project costs and design concepts.
- Collaborate with IT Security Analyst to maintain security controls, respond to security breaches, and ensure data protection.
- Maintain and administer computer networks, hardware, and software. Perform data backups, disaster recovery, and diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Manage and supervise server, network, and storage administrators. Interview, hire, train, and evaluate employees. Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Champion a performance-oriented culture, monitor key performance measurements, and support talent development. Demonstrate strong leadership and people development skills.
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, guidelines, and compliance with applicable laws, including HR management, employment laws, and purchasing guidelines.
- Promote and enforce safe work practices and operations. Comply with safety and health standards and guidelines issued by management.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Six (6) years of experience supporting geographically dispersed networks and Microsoft-based computing environments, including network monitoring, troubleshooting, server and storage technologies.
- Experience managing complex network protocols and information security controls.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Microsoft Windows 2000 preferred; MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 preferred.