ITAC is assisting one of our Birmingham clients in their search for a Director of Information Technology. This person will be a hands-on leader and act as the point of contact for all IT needs. If this sounds like your next move, Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Ensure that all end users are satisfactorily trained in applicable systems.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience (Master’s Preferred).
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.