IT Support Manager
ITAC is assisting a client in their search for a IT Support Manager. This person will interact and collaborate with a highly talented, dynamic group of people that thrive in finding and implementing innovative solutions. We are looking for an energetic and driven manager who shares a passion for leading teams of people that love to support customers and deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The IT Support Manager should have a solid technical background and experience implementing a brand-new help desk operation. The IT Support Manager will collaborate and communicate with other technical directors, managers, and senior management to ensure that projects and goals are aligned with the overall business needs and requirements.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide leadership, feedback, and direction to direct staff regarding technologies and project direction.
- Responsible for implementing the Enterprise Service Desk/Help Desk function.
- Manage staff to execute the department’s goals as they relate to Help Desk and end user services, implementation, and operation.
- Review and approve timesheets and expense reports.
- Recommend corporate direction on Help Desk, service desk, and asset management technologies.
- Evaluate new technologies to improve operational efficiency. Work with the senior leadership to make technology recommendations.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience implementing and managing a Help Desk operation.
- Experience providing hands-on Help Desk support and remote support through remote access software.
- Working familiarity with IT Service Management.
- Experience using a Ticketing system.
- Experience managing projects using a structured methodology.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team management skills.
- MSP experience preferred.
- IT Certifications such as MCP, MCSA or MCSE, ITIL, ITSM, etc. preferred.