IT Support Technician
Lafayette, LA - Onsite
ITAC is assisting a Lafayette, LA organization in their search for an IT Support Technician. This person will provide technical support and assist all associates on a variety of software, hardware, and login issues in person, email and via phone. This position requires good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to provide second-tier technical support. This will be a fast paced, challenging environment where the candidate needs to be able to work independently as well as on a team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide timely response to call and email queue requests
- Support users regarding hardware and software
- Support Windows operating systems, Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office products
- Enter all calls into Help Desk ticketing system, and update tickets according to organizational guidelines. Escalate any unresolved issues to Tier 3 support.
- Convey outstanding Customer Service oriented attitude
- Supporting audio-visual platforms (Zoom, Teams, WebEx, etc)
- Adhere to all Service Desk policies, standards, and procedures.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (or similar). Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience in a similar IT support role.
- Experience and knowledge in working with the MS Office, Ticketing Systems (CITRIX experience preferred)
- Experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing PC hardware
- Strong oral and written communication skills