Manual Quality Assurance Tester – SQA – Software Quality
ITAC Solutions is seeking manual QA tester for a great company in the Birmingham area. The role is hybrid on-site, but will be fully onsite during the training period.
What you’ll be doing (responsibilities):
- Provides high-level input as to the testing approach and methodology to be used in the testing of each application, and documents this in the form of a test plan.
- Participates in application development walkthrough and design sessions, providing input from a quality standpoint, and identifying the specific applications and functionality that require testing.
- Breaks down business and functional requirements into use scenarios and test cases.
- Performs functional, integration, and regression testing for each release according to requirements documented in TeamForge. Documents pass/fail status for each test scenario.
- As defects are discovered, generates detailed defect tickets in Version One that include the specific steps to reproduce the issue, screenshots, and any additional information or insights that may assist the developer in resolving the issue.
- Ensures that all in-scope requirements for a given release are effectively tested. If testing is insufficient, or defects are not resolved adequately, escalates risks and concerns to the QA Manager.
- During testing, ensures that the look and feel of the user interface (UI) is consistent with company design standards.
- Testing of software releases to uncover defects, application responsiveness, and compliance with IT Policy & Procedure Statements (MPPS’s) and User Interface standards.
- Relying on knowledge of the business and the applications, ensures that business rules are adhered to, and calculation routines are accurate.
- Documents and communicates the findings of defects, and monitors the status of their resolution
- Participates in design sessions, and advising design specifications towards optimal user experience
- Identifies and makes recommendations as to cost savings opportunities
- Frequent communication with QA Manager, QA staff, Application Developers, and IT Project Managers for reporting the status of testing and defects found
- Frequent interaction with QA Manager and agile team for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
- Works closely with both QA and Application Development groups to ensure quality product development prior to subsequent production release
- Assists Application Development teams in troubleshooting and remediating defects
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Software Quality Assurance role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience translating business requirements into test scenarios and test cases
- Strong functional testing skills with both web and mainframe applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and best practices
- Must be able to get up to speed quickly on a system with complex business processes and rules
- Technical experience to include HTML, Chrome Developer Tools, and SQL.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics a plus
- Experience with Java or automated testing is desirable.
- Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills