NOC Analyst IBM z/OS, AS400 – Network Operations Center
ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham company in their search for a Network Operations Center Analyst!!
This role will support the day-to-day installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the infrastructure environment in addition to end user support in a multi-location environment. This person will need to be able to work as part of a team or independently, depending on the project.
The right candidate will be highly self-driven with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide remote and local tech support for server, network, and mainframe environments.
- Set up, configure, and support Servers, Exchange, and Print product systems.
- Perform inspection, reporting, documentation, and ongoing maintenance of systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot PC, Network, System, and End-User technical support for Windows Desktop Users including imaging new workstations with windows deployment service, shipping and maintaining workstations to remote offices, remediating printing, software, and user issues, and data backup/restoration with respect to timely service level agreement timelines.
- Provide a timely responsive level of technical support across all departments.
- This position also requires direct support with Internet Service Providers to assist when internet issues arise locally and at remote locations.
- Monitor mainframe and production scheduling, AS400 operations using TOS, OMEGAMON, TMON, Control-M, mainframe consoles for operator alerts and error indicators.
- Monitor Network infrastructure using Solarwinds, servers and applications using WebNM and SCOM, and facility environmental systems using Environet.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 6 years in a 24x7x365 mainframe or NOC environment.
- Minimum of 2 years in technical school training or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a corporate environment with 1000 or more users.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, holidays, and/or overtime.
- Effective time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of LAN, WAN, Linux environments as well as TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, Domains, DNS/DHCP, and Subnets.