QA Tester (Automation / Manual)
ITAC is working with a great client in Birmingham to help them search for a QA Tester. We are targeting someone who is interested in new technology and has experience in the following: executing test cases, writing user stories, and completing user acceptance testing.
The client would also prefer this person to have some exposure to programming and/or automated programming, but not required.
If you are enthusiastic about QA and understand how important it can be for an organization, then you would be a great fit for this team!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Work with team leads, business partners, project managers, business analysts and end users to plan, design and execute test scripts and scenarios
- Develop testing that covers areas such as software scenarios, database impacts, regression testing, error/bug testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system and reporting those defects to teams and managers
- Actively participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, risks, etc.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Four (4) year college degree or equivalent experience
- Analytical skills and attention to detail – technical background a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills relative to testing and technical issues.
- Team player and the capacity to work with multiple project members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to relay and share information and clarify instructions for delivery of test cases to production support personnel.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and/or experience of JIRA and ALM is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Agile Methodology particularly, ATDD is a plus