Quality Coding Auditor
Birmingham, AL - Onsite
Calling all Medical Billing and Coding experts! ITAC Solutions is working with an Oral Surgeon to help them find a Quality Coding Auditor. This position is 100% onsite, and the salary is $65K+/year. Depending on experience.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Ensure clinics accurately assign relevant medical codes to procedures, diagnoses, and services.
- Translating dental-specific information into standardized medical codes recognized by insurance companies.
- Collaborate with dental practitioners to review patient charts and enter documentation.
- Keep abreast of any changing guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Keep all coding-related activities, patient encounters, and insurance interactions up-to-date in the practice management system.
- Provide training to staff on best coding practices and collaborate with revenue cycle team.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Coding expertise in assigning CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS codes.
- Familiarity with dental practice management software and billing systems.
- Knowledge of dental procedures, medical coding principles, and billing practices.
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- Certified Dental Coder, ADCA or AAPC.