SaaS Engineering Manager: eCommerce
Our customer is the Global Leader in their industry and this position will be based in their corporate offices in Birmingham, Alabama. Our customer has been investing millions in the transformation of their digital e-Commerce strategy, strengthening their position as the global leader in their industry.
The SaaS Engineering manager will report directly to the CTO and manage a staff of 10+/- developers. While leading development, it is expected that this leader will also be a code contributor to the work being done.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity of leading a team that is creating a first to market software product for serving hundreds of thousands of e-commerce businesses across the country. You will partner closely with the CTO and other engineering leaders to game plan process to develop cutting edge, scalable, web-based products. You work with our team of product developers throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final deliverables. Having experience communicating with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders is key!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure development team projects are on track and the team is effectively operating.
- Oversee design and development of web-based SaaS applications using latest technologies, such as. NET, MVC, Azure, and other technology platforms.
- Oversee design and develop Microsoft SQL Database applications.
- Contribute to all phases of the application development lifecycle as needed.
- Be the conduit between team and business stakeholders.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- ~8 years' experience.
- Sharp, energized and dedicated.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar.
Experience in the following:
- Managing and leading a team of multiple developers in an Agile environment
- Current skills in the following tech stack: .Net, C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL
- Relational DB Design and Concepts
Nice to have:
- Ability to own service level system design.
- A passion for QA and an understanding that testing is not someone else’s responsibility.
- A passion for DevOps and an appreciation for continuous integration/deployment.
- Experience with automating infrastructure.
- Experience with automating build process.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, Azure Functions, and Azure Webjobs
- Experience with event-driven (EDA) architectures.
- Experience with service-oriented (SOA) architectures.
- Experience with Vue.js.
- Experience with App Services.
- Experience with Service Bus.
- Experience with Storage Queues.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- 401K Match
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Stock Options
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
Reports to: CTO