Senior Java Developer
Huntsville, AL - Hybrid
We are assisting a well-known organization in Huntsville in their efforts to find a Sr. Java Developer who is comfortable and proficient working in a fast-paced Agile environment. This individual will be a technical expert in design, development, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
This is a hybrid role, meaning the person can work from home, but will need to live within a commutable distance to Huntsville, AL. The job is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
*C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship. Sponsorship is not provided, and this person will not need to require sponsorship in the future*
Soft skills are equally as important as the right candidate MUST be a good communicator, be a self-starter, and have initiative and a passion for learning.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, integrating, and maintaining various web-based enterprise clinical applications and portals.
- Developing single page applications along with troubleshooting and solving browser issues and creating new solutions
- Designing, developing, and deploying responsive web applications
- Using code versioning tools such as Git/GitLab
- Working in an Agile/Scrum methodology environment participating in sprints and daily standups.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- At least 8 years of experience in Java/J2EE and related technologies with solid understanding of design principles
- Proficiency with Spring, Hibernate, and JPA.
- Proficiency with front-end technologies ReactJS, Bootstrap, and related technologies
- Experience with AWS capabilities and development, particularly EC2.
- Proficiency with one or more testing tools and frameworks (e.g. Mockito, JUnit, Cucumber, Katalon, Selenium)
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with Microservices, RESTful Web Services and Web APIs with Spring Boot and Docker, in Kubernetes or Openshift.