Software Engineer – Back End
Sam Francisco, California
ITAC is helping a client in their search for a Senior Backend Software Developer (remote) who has a strong desire to learn or grow their skill set in emerging languages such as GoLang or GCP.
In this role, you will play an important role in the design process to build efficient, scalable, and maintainable software applications used by customers all over the United States. You will also deploy and maintain new and existing source code while developing highly important software used by the client’s core customers.
You will need to be interested in the backend architecture of software applications and continue researching and learning new technology. The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background working with multiple languages, building out multiple platforms, and strong API development skills.
This is a remote position, but candidates must reside within a 100 mile radius.
*C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship. Sponsorship is not provided, and this person will not need to require sponsorship in the future*
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Design, develop, test (unit/integration/etc.), deploy and maintain application code.
- Use backend technologies such as Go, Ruby, Postgres, DynamoDB, and Redis.
- Build efficient, scalable, and maintainable architecture.
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive implementation decisions.
- Learn and follow standards for documentation across all software platforms.
- Work with business partners/stakeholders to provide solutions and maintain deliverable expectations.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across all products and platforms as needed.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 4+ Years of Software Development Experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented paradigms and ability to apply SOLID principles.
- Strong experience using REST principles to design API’s.
- Experience with SOA, micro-services, and/or distributed architectures
- Experience one or more of the following languages: Ruby/Rails, Python or Golang