Software QA Tester
Birmingham, AL - Onsite
ITAC is working with a great client in Birmingham to help them search for a Senior QA Manual Tester. In working for this company, you’d get to join a team who is a market leader in their software service.
We are targeting someone who is interested in new technology and has experience in the following: executing test cases, writing user stories, and completing user acceptance testing.
*C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship. Sponsorship is not provided, and this person will not need to require sponsorship in the future*
Worksite: Onsite, must live in a commutable distance to Birmingham, AL.
If you are enthusiastic about QA and understand how important it can be for an organization, then you would be a great fit for this team!
What you’ll be doing in this role (responsibilities):
- Work with team leads, business partners, project managers, business analysts and end users to plan, design and execute test scripts and scenarios.
- Develop testing that covers areas such as software scenarios, database impacts, regression testing, error/bug testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system and reporting those defects to teams and managers.
- Actively participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, risks, etc.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Four (4) year college degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience required testing software
- Well versed with requirements traceability analysis and test case writing from design documents and use cases.
- Excellent test plan writing skills and attention to detail.
- Professional experience in Microsoft technology, web apps, software development, or manual testing
- Analytical skills and attention to detail – technical background a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills relative to testing and technical issues.
- Team player and the capacity to work with multiple project members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to relay and share information and clarify instructions for delivery of test cases to production support personnel.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and/or experience of JIRA and ALM is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Agile Methodology particularly, ATDD is a plus.