SQL BI Business Intelligence Developer
ITAC is helping a local Birmingham client in their search for a Business Intelligence Developer!
Your main function in this role will be to use ad-hoc reporting to present technical information that we can use to develop business solutions.
You will also enhance our current ETL processes and provide database support. Our ideal candidate has experience scripting SQL database queries and can modify these queries based on specific customer needs. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field as well as professional experience with data warehouse modeling. This role is in Birmingham, AL, so please don't apply if you aren't local to the area. C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship.
Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Develop BI reports using Power BI, SSRS, or other reporting tools.
- Use ad-hoc reporting to present technical business information.
- Analyze data to provide business solutions, such as increasing productivity or cutting costs.
- Evaluate and enhance current ETL processes.
- Provide database support by scripting or modifying SQL queries.
- Prepare systems for deployment.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Experience in data warehouse modeling or BI data management with a successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting data from large, varied datasets (3 years).
- Experience with SQL database queries – proficiency writing, editing, and maintaining SQL queries to resolve complex data design problems utilizing tools such as Visual Studio (SSIS), Management Studio (SSMS, SSRS).
- 3-5 years of proven experience with one or more data BI visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, or Tableau.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Excel required.
- Preferred experience in tools such as Python, R, ESRI, and Alteryx.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting methodology with prior experience creating dashboards and/or visualization models preferred.