Sr. Software Engineer – Back End – Contract – REMOTE – WFH
Birmingham, AL - Remote
ITAC Solutions is searching for a Remote Sr. Backend Engineer for an exciting Birmingham based company. In this remote work from home opportunity, the Sr. Engineering – Back End Teams are building tools to reduce toil in engineering teams by centrally managing software dependencies, enabling teams to perform large scale automated code and configuration changes across the customer’s software fleet and allow teams to rapidly roll out new versions of internal libraries, infrastructure and security patches to users.
Our client is looking for senior backend engineers that are passionate about infrastructure and automation that want to help shape the future of platform engineering.
What you'll do:
- Be a valued member of an autonomous agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Be a strong participant in the Company-wide backend community affecting and driving backend engineering across the company.
- Facilitate collaboration with your peers, product owners, and designers to seek exciting and complicated problems for delivering quality code.
- Regular hack days and annual hack weeks.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
- Experienced with modern backend languages, technologies, coding, testing, debugging, and automation techniques.
- Care about backend technologies as well as exploring data through pipelines and charts.
- Have experience in backend development and data engineering.
- You enjoy learning quickly and working closely together with your product team to bring value to your partners.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central Standard 10 am-5 pm time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.