Systems Software Engineer – Applications Engineer
Birmingham, AL - Onsite
Job ID: 33896
Employment Type: Direct Hire
ITAC Solutions is assisting a local client find a talented Software Systems Engineer! This person will be responsible for developing applications that meet the clients’ needs. You will design and write code, analyze and improve existing applications, and ensure optimal performance. If you are a detail-oriented problem-solver with a passion for delivering high-quality solutions, we want to hear from you.
C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship
Salary: $70 – $90k
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Collaborate with the sales department to identify technical requirements and develop solutions.
- Develop and create applications that effectively align with client objectives
- Design and write code to ensure the smooth functioning of applications.
- Analyze and edit existing computer applications to improve functionality.
- Modify and adapt applications as necessary to optimize performance.
- Install applications and confirm proper communication between equipment and systems.
- Identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to the application.
- Conduct thorough testing of applications to ensure they are free of errors and bugs.
- Providing expertise and guidance as a technical advisor
- Maintain computer applications databases.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of previous system experience is required.
- At least 2+ years of experience as an applications engineer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft GP Dynamics for at least 2+ years.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power BI for at least 2+ years.
- Extensive knowledge of various programming languages, such as Java, Perl, Python, C++, and more.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL and relevant support software.
- Ability to handle client and customer issues with tact and professionalism.
- Time management and customer service skills