Technical Support Engineer
Birmingham, AL - Hybrid
ITAC Solutions is helping our client find a Technical Support Engineer to ensure timely resolution of software issues through data analysis and functionality troubleshooting using development tools, best practice communication, testing, and other available tools for resolving issues. 60-80k
C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provides software support to resolve client inquiries and problems which are easily solved.
- Analyzes data reports, forms, and web technologies commensurate with level of training and understanding.
- Determines whether to resolve issues personally or to refer to a more experience team member.
- Reads and writes SQL to resolve basic issues.
- Responsibly communicates to all parties involved in issue resolution to meet and manage client expectations.
- Performs Quality Assurance testing for software module upgrades/changes. Analyzes results to ensure that software performs as required.
- May create or enhance documentation throughout the support process.
- Commits to expanding technological skills and knowledge of company products.
- Respond to issue resolution requests received via telephone, in-person, or email.
- Ensure users can fully utilize hardware and software in order to perform their job duties.
- Work with Specific teams to determine needed PC changes/upgrades and their priority including hardware and software
- Consult with vendors and management to address any hardware/software issues.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to proactively moderate issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
- Experience in a cloud or AWS environment
- Basic knowledge and understanding of database structures including fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.
- Exposure to relational databases or SQL desired.
- Exposure to .NET framework (involving HTML, XSL, XML, and related technologies) desired.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development tools a plus.