Vice President, Operations
Cedar Rapids, - Onsite
An industry leading manufacturing company located in Eastern Iowa seeking a Vice President of Operations
Are you fulfilled when your collaborative efforts result in winning as a team? Do you have goals of career progression beyond your next move? Are high standards motivating, versus intimidating? If you are leaning in as you read this and wondering what is needed to be considered, keep reading!
Our client, a leader in their industry, has engaged us to help them identify their next Vice President of Operations. At the forefront of this opportunity is the offer to work with a dynamic, supportive leadership team focused on growing the business through developing and supporting their people. Humility, respect, patience, kindness and commitment are just a few of the attributes found within this team. As they continue to grow, in part due to your leadership and effectiveness, so will your career!
Salary: $170k + bonus potential
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Planning, directing, coordinating, and overseeing operational activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Collaborating across the organization to strategically develop short term and long-term goals.
- Leading a team of operational subject matter experts while promoting the overall company culture
- Providing routine insight on facility layout, capital projects and on-going maintenance with continuous improvement at the forefront of each initiative
- Ensuring material needs are on par with production targets as well as partnering with Purchasing when materials are needed to be sourced.
- Creating a safety-first focused environment for all team members by example in all interactions
- Developing budgets and forecasting revenues
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing, or another related field
- 10+ years manufacturing experience working with a focus on continuous improvement, creating efficiencies, and cost reduction.
- Proven track record of creating measurable efficiencies.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to balance enterprise-wide needs and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to read and interpret technical prints and documents.
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing
- Specific experience in the heavy-duty equipment or automotive industry
What they provide (benefits, etc.):
- Exceptional leadership and growth opportunities
- Strong benefits package
- Competitive compensation package including annual performance bonus.