What Software Developers Want
In today’s job market, software developers are in high-demand, and candidates with these skills need to be wooed. Is your company struggling to recruit, hire and retain software development talent? Here’s what software developers are looking for in a company (in addition to a competitive salary, of course):
- Engaging company culture: The values, processes and priorities that drive your company are important to developers. Developers want to work for mission-driven and/or socially impactful companies alongside brilliant, like-minded individuals.
- Excellent management: Excellent management, both for projects and people, is a must-have. This means no micro-managing, the encouragement of independent thinking, knowing what it takes to build quality software and quick decision making. Having a leader who is willing to stand up for his/her team is extremely valuable to developers.
- Flexibility to work from home: Workplace flexibility, whether that’s through telecommuting or flexible scheduling, is a popular perk these days. Developers are aware of apps that allow them to work from home and can even enable their supervisors to monitor their progress. Working for a company that takes advantage of these applications to promote a strong work-life balance is a huge plus.
- Advanced technology: Given their chosen field of work, it’s not surprising that developers want to work with the latest-and-greatest technology. Access to new tools isn’t only fun and interesting, but it also gives developers bragging rights with their industry peers and keeps them current in a fast-changing technical world.
- Career growth opportunities: Offering developers room to grow and encouraging professional development is vital. When interviewing, ask candidates what their career goals are and explain how you can help them achieve those goals.
If you are looking for IT talent, let ITAC help. Contact us today to see how we can help you achieve your development and technology hiring goals!
ITAC Solutions is a recruiting firm headquartered in Birmingham with additional offices in Atlanta, Huntsville, Mobile and Nashville. ITAC specializes in the temporary, contract, and direct placement of accounting, information technology, corporate and administrative professionals.