Birmingham, AL - Onsite
ITAC Solutions is helping a local Birmingham area client in their search for an Environmental Specialist to help uphold and enforce several key environmental protection policies and ensure conservation and team collaboration.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about the environment and who has a desire to be a positive influence in a company’s who mission is to provide the very best experience to its customers.
This is an onsite role with salary, benefits, and bonus potential.
Worksite location: Onsite/Birmingham, AL
** C2C is not an option with this job opening and all applicants should be able to work for any US Employer without sponsorship.**
What you will be doing (responsibilities):
- Enforce the organization's watershed protection policy.
- Review construction site erosion control plans submitted by developers and ensured compliance through periodic inspections.
- Investigate reports of environmental problems within the watersheds
- Maintain all organization's watershed covenants and investigate procedures to meet covenant requirements.
- Collaborate with System Development and Distribution departments to ensure compliance with environmental regulations in water line installations.
- Educate employees on the current Watershed Protection Policy (WPP) and update it in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Coordinate with local zoning authorities on watershed-related concerns and provide regular updates.
- Visit construction sites to ensure compliance with the watershed protection policy, maintaining site records.
- Monitor the organization's landfills to ensure they are prepared to receive filter plant residuals.
- Conduct temperature checks for the dams via SCADA technology.
- Perform water quality sampling and testing at multiple depths.
- Perform SAP tasks related to purchasing goods and services.
What you’ll need to be considered (qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Management, Geology, Hydrology, Chemistry, or Civil/Environmental Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of field and office experience in a related field. Experience with construction estimates, areas, trigonometric functions, maps, records, and water quality management. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project). Knowledge of ADEM and EPA Best Management Practices is preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Qualified Credentialed Inspector (QCI) certification required or obtained within 12 months of hire date.
- ADEM Watershed certificate required or obtained within 12 months of hire date.
- ADEM Grade I or Grade IV certification preferred.
What could set you apart (preferred):
- Knowledge of ADEM and EPA Best Management Practices is preferred.